Friday, March 20, 2026

Log 3 | The Library of the Soul





I’ve started to picture the place more clearly.

Not large.
Just enough.

A small piece of land, somewhere quiet—
maybe at the edge of the countryside.
If there’s a small stream nearby, that would be enough.


I don’t think everything needs to come from the land.

Solar for electricity.
Water… I might still need to bring in, at least for drinking.

That feels honest.


There’s a small pond in my mind.

Not for scale.
Just enough to raise fish—
and maybe connect it to a simple aquaponics system.

Something that loops.
Something that feeds itself, slowly.


I keep imagining narrow paths.

Long, quiet walkways,
with simple mesh on both sides.

Chickens. Ducks.
Moving through those paths, not freely everywhere,
but not confined either.

A kind of balance.


And somewhere in the middle,
a small house.

Nothing heavy.

A place to sit with a cup of coffee.
A corner for books.
A table to work.


I think about that corner sometimes.

Maybe by then,
I will finally have the time
to return to the books I once loved.

The ones that stayed with me
long after I closed them.

Maybe I will read them again—slowly this time.
Not to finish,
but to understand.

And perhaps…
I will begin to look further back.

To how people once tried to make sense of life,
before everything became so fast,
so certain.


A place that doesn’t try to impress—
only to hold a life.


It’s still just an image.

But it feels… closer now.


Note (for myself):
With current land prices, I estimate I would need around $40,000 to begin turning this into something real.


Mar 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment